I ordered dummies on Amazon – I was horrified when they arrived, it’s disgusting
A MUM was left fuming after buying dummies for her toddler on Amazon – which turned up USED.
Lindsey Macrae, 30, was horrified when the items – which she has ordered as brand new – arrived spitty and chewed.
And she claims daughter Aria, two, could have choked because one dummy was so badly bitten there was a flap hanging off it.
But it’s understood Lindsey, from Glasgow, has been refunded and given a gift voucher after raising a complaint.
She said: “I was utterly stunned. I felt so sick and horrified.
“They haven’t just been used once or twice – but for weeks and weeks and weeks.
“They’re completely chewed and I can see spit bubbles in them. They smell of another baby’s mouth.
“What if I hadn’t noticed and she’d put one in her mouth – she could have caught a bug or anything.
“One of them has a huge flap hanging off the teat that could have gone in her throat and choked her.
“I just can’t imagine how this has happened at all.”
The furious stay-at-home mum phoned Amazon customer services three times until she got an answer, she claims.
The call handler apologised, refunded £6.85 for the product, and offered her a £5 credit.
But Lindsey said that wasn’t good enough.
She said: “It’s absolutely shocking. They didn’t even try to explain or defend it.
“He just didn’t understand how serious this is.
“I’ve had a broken mop bucket arrive before, which is fine, you just get a new one.
“But this is completely different and potentially much more dangerous.
“This isn’t a mistake you can afford to make.”
Amazon did not comment.
We pay for your stories and videos! Do you have a story or video for The Scottish Sun? Email us at [email protected] or call 0141 420 5200
Most Related Links :
Daily News Era Latest News Sports News Finance News Automobile News